.:: Goldi's Noted Thoughts ::.
Sometimes I believe all the lies
so I can do the things I should despise.
And everyday I am swayed
by whatever is on my mind.

I hear it all depends on my faith
so I'm feeling precarious.
The only problem I have with these
mysteries is they're so mysterious.

And like a consumer I've been thinkin'
if I could just get a bit more...
More than my fifteen minutes of faith,
Then I'd be secure...

My faith is like shifting sand,
changed by every wave...
My faith is like shifting sand
so I stand on grace...
Stand on grace.

I begged You for some proof
for my Thomas eyes to see.
A slithering staff, a leprous hand,
and lions resting lazily.

A glimpse of Your backside glory
on this soaked altar going ablaze.
But You know I've seen so much,
I explained it away...

My faith is like shifting sand
changed by every wave...
My faith is like shifting sand
so I stand on grace

Waters rose as my doubts reign
My sand castle faith have slipped away
I found myself standing on Your grace
It'd been there all the time

My faith is like shifting sand
changed by every wave...
My faith is like shifting sand
so I stand on grace...
Stand on grace.

Life can seem unbearable at times, but don't let it keep you down. Meditate on God's goodness, talk to Him, and know that He hears you. When life knocks you to your knees, you're in a good position to pray.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Ebooks
I've been doing some catching up on Harry Potter books lately. Yes, it was only now that I've read J.K. Rowling's famous hero wizard boy's stories, thanks to ebooks. I was not able to read it before because I don't have a book and I don't know anyone to borrow it from either. And I just can't afford to spend a considerable amount of money (you know how expensive these books are, knowing it's been the best seller of the time) in buying these books, even the paperbacks. I would love to collect these books but I just don't have a place in the house to keep it unharmed for a long time. I do have a place to lock them out of the careless hands of my siblings, but I don't think I'd be able to keep them locked in safe because I love books and so I'd just like them in a place where I can easily reach them whenever I want, even if I'm lying in bed. And the best place would be the dresser which is located on the end of our double decked bed, just on the top of our heads. But it is not really a safe place to keep things because my sisters are also putting their stuff there too, like other books and so the space right under flat top below the mirror (I don't know what it's called) gets piled up with books. And sometimes out of hurry, they tend to just pull everything not caring about some things that are also there, tripping all the other books so some are likely to end up under our dusty bed. And I don't really like my books that way. I want them preserved and keep them looking new as possible. Our room is not really tidy, considering that all that sleeps there are girls. We have a very small room that it already looks like a bodega (stockroom) with all our stuffs there. And all of us don't have all the time to get our room tidied up. We all appear so busy to find time to clean it up, or we're just not fond of cleaning our room. Or it's just it still looks messy no matter how much cleaning you do with it. And we already got used to it. And mind you, it's the same dresser where I put my digital camera which I strongly believe, dropped off from a certain height, and whoever dropped it just mindlessly put it wherever part of the dresser her hand landed, because I found my camera on the edge, not in the usual place I keep it. I was so regretful of putting it there and so for that, I can't blame anyone. It is obviously not a very safe place to keep delicate things.

As of now, I'm still reading book 3, Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban, and I'd say books would still be a better read because the ebooks have a lot of typographical errors, and I'm not sure if I'm reading a complete text or if there are some missing paragraphs. It is such a spoiler, specially if you will find the error at certain part where you can't afford to miss anything.

I remember reading a part in the ebook of Harry Potter 2, where because of frustration, I got annoyed and laughed at the situation at the same time. It was because I was very expectant and was hanging at every word said, when all of a sudden, everything just didn't make sense, and I found out that almost a paragraph was missing! Grrrr! On the other side though, I found it funny because it was Dumbledore who's speaking and knowing that Dumbledore is sometimes a little weird, I have actually almost believed it's what he really said. But me having watched the movie thought that there must be something wrong. So, I tried to find another HP2 ebook and checked it out there. Luckily, the other ebook was typed more neatly completely and it was there that I found out that the line has skipped several paragraph. Sheesh. Imagine the look of horror on my face! But I can't help but laugh at myself because I actually believed that was the very words Dumbledore has been saying, in spite of the situation. Let me share you the lines so you can understand me more clearly:

"If the governors want my removal, Lucius, I shall of course step aside-"

"But-" stuttered Fudge.

"No!" growled Hagrid.

Dumbledore had not taken his bright blue eyes off Lucius Malfoy's gray ones.

"However," said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, "you will find that I will
ummer was creeping over the grounds around the castle; sky and lake alike turned periwinkle blue and flowers large as cabbages burst into bloom in the greenhouses. But with no Hagrid visible from the castle windows, striding the grounds...
and so on...
I was like, "Ano daw????". Yun ba ang sinabi ni Dumbledore? Parang hindi ata???" (What??? Is that what Dumbledore really said? Looks like there's something wrong???).

And so I tried to find another copy and it was there that I found out that these lines are missing:

"However," said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, "you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me. You will also find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it."

For a second, Harry was almost sure Dumbledore's eyes flickered towards the corner where he and Ron stood hidden.

"Admirable sentiments," said Malfoy, bowing. "We shall all miss your--er--highly individual way of running things, Albus, and only hope that your successor will manage to prevent any--ah--'killin's'."

He strode the cabin door, opened it and bowed Dumbledore out. Fudge, fiddling with his bowler, waited for Hagrid to go ahead of him, but Hagrid stood his ground, took a deep breath and said carefully, "If anyone wanted ter find out some stuff, all they'd have ter do would be ter follow the spiders. That'd lead 'em right! That's all I'm sayin'."

Fudge stared at him in amazement.

"All right, I'm comin'," said Hagrid, pulling on his moleskin overcoat. But as he was about to follow Fudge through the door, he stopped again and said loudly, "An' someone'll need ter feed Fang while I'm away."

The door banged shut and Ron pulled the invisibility cloak off.

"We're in trouble now," he said hoarsely. "No Dumbledore. They might as well close the school tonight. There'll be an attack a day with him gone."

Fang started howling, scratching at the closed door.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
ARAGOG


Summer was creeping over the grounds around the castle; sky and lake alike turned periwinkle blue and flowers large as cabbages burst into bloom in the greenhouses. But with no Hagrid visible from the castle windows, striding the grounds...


and so on...
See? That was not just one paragraph! Grabe talaga. Naiinis ako na natatawa. Irritated that the lines could be cut off in such a part and laugh at my foolishness of almost believing it's what really Dumbledore said, and that it was continued in a line which can complete the sentence but is not really apt for the situation.

But somehow, these ebooks had managed to keep me up and busy during downtimes, not to mention it didn't cost me anything. Nga lang, may drawbacks.

I was thinking tuloy of buying the real thing na lang. Besides, I can read it pa anytime I want without turning the computer on. And guaranteed no missing paragraphs.

I also have a favorite line from HP2, which goes like this:

"It is our choices, Harry, that shows what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -Dumbledore, HP2

So much for that. ^_^
posted by goldiqt @ 7:02 AM

2 Comment(s):

Thanx a tonne man. That was relly helpful.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 07, 2007 9:38 AM  
   

welcome friends =)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 08, 2007 12:00 AM  
     

 

Post a Comment

  << Home

About This Blog
I don't intend this to be my life's chronicles but I might write some of my experiences here. Even so, everything that's written in here are either products of my excessive contemplation, or just plainly, pure boredom. In any case, I still try to write as sensible as possible, for what I really intend to do and I hope is achieved in every writing, is to impart or share some of the things I learn and sometimes, some struggles in life. Don't expect all seriousness in everything in here though.

In short, this blog is my outlet. My noted thoughts and reflections.

About Me

Yahoo! Avatars

Name: Goldi

Home: Pasay City, Philippines

Birthday: June 2

Hobbies & Interests: Jesus, music, books, journals, internet, computers, tech stuff, gadgets * sound tripping, singing, playing musical instruments (I know guitar and flute recorder, I just wish I can play them well), watching movie with a tub of popcorn drizzled with melted butter (yum!), reading * observing, pondering, reflecting, learning * laughing or making people laugh (though I'm not good at it) and laugh with them, make people smile, or just listen to their stories. Minsan, trip ko lang din mang-asar =p

About Me: I'm a simple, idealistic but down-to-earth, & friendly person. Quiet most of the time, but friendly enough to have a nice talk (or even a hearty laugh) with anyone. "I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20 NLT

Principles I live by:

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." -Psalm 37:4

"If people talk negatively about you, live in such a way that no one will believe them."

"God is a God of happy endings. If you're not yet happy, it's not yet the end."

"It's not what we know but what we do that counts." -Our Daily Bread

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -Dumbledore, Harry Potter 2

"Girls should assume that until a guy expresses interest, they're just friends." -J. Harris, Boy Meets Girl

"True love doesn't just wait; it plans." -Boy Meets Girl

"Eros will have naked bodies; friendship naked personalities." -C.S. Lewis

"Ideals are like stars; we will not succeed in touching them with our hands but by following them, as the sea faring man in the ocean, we will reach our destiny." -J. Harris, Boy Meets Girl

Food for the Soul
Verse of the Day


Daily Wisdom
SayBox

Currents
Today is...

Time now is...

Manila, Philippines

Previous Posts
Precious Moments
Hand-Formed Pots
Say What? (Guarding Our Tongue)
Love Thoughts
Focus
The Art of Letting Go
On Romantic Relationships
The Difference
Close the Gates
Work Hard
Loving Your Sister
Thank you Lord
Archives
Blogsters

Cool Links
Kamsahamnida!

I've been visited by...
Angels
Thanks for droppin' by.
See you again ^_^.